BCBA Position in Belize
Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work abroad using your behavior therapy skills? Our non-profit clinics provide life-changing pediatric therapies in areas that would not otherwise have access to them.
This is an initiative that is being started by Chicago’s most highly rated private practice in collaboration with Autism Belize, a nonprofit working to spread awareness and help underserved communities.
Our BCBAs work alongside OTs, PTs, SLPs, and ABA therapists to support a diverse group of learners, including children with autism, speech and language delays, sensory processing disorder, or cerebral palsy.
- Planning for and providing targeted therapy for a variety of children
- Parent coaching and training
- Administering evaluations
- Interviewing and managing local paraprofessionals
- Supervising graduate students and volunteers from the US
The ideal candidate will be able to provide therapy in a cross-cultural context, have exceptional clinical skills, and professional references. They must be willing to relocate to Belize for a minimum of 3-6 months upon being hired.
Other Necessary Skills & Attributes
- Openness to working with children of all ages and with a variety of disorder areas
- A passion for working with children
- The ability to “connect” with children and parents
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility
Our full-time clinicians are provided with comfortable housing, transportation, and access to clinical tools and materials.
"*" indicates required fields